May 25, 2014

My Creative Scrapbook and Creative Scrappers 269

My Creative Scrapbook kit club has teamed up with Creative Scrappers this month.
You know what that means... lots of inspiration... and a wonderful prize!

The MCS designers played along with Creative Scrappers Sketch #269 which was revealed today.
Here's my take on it:


This layout features beautiful Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection papers along with lots of Prima goodies.

And, guess what...

...this is the My Creative Scrapbook June Limited Edition kit!
Yes, a BIG sneak peek for you of the kit, over 10 days before the actual kit reveal.
How fun is that?!

(Now that you've gotten a sneak peek of the upcoming Limited Edition kit and undoubtedly want to receive one for yourself, you might want to hurry over to MyCreativeScrapbook.com to reserve one.)


To incorporate the circles from the sketch, I used a gatorade bottle cap with some acrylic paint (in lavender to coordinate with my daughter's dress) to stamp some circles onto the background paper (actually, I let Allison do that stamping for me- she was thrilled).

For the stars, I used a star mask with modeling paste, but the stars didn't photograph well (they're there, I promise).

I also used a couple Prima stamps (honeycomb and script) here and there on the background with some shades of purple ink.

The flowers are all from Prima's Stationer's Desk line.



I tucked in some Prima- Ingvild Bolme resign pieces (baroque frames) in the lower left and upper right of the page. I also added some corrugated cardboard pieces (which I let Allison paint for me with gesso) for some added texture.



--------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to play along with Creative Scrappers Sketch 267 and/or Sketch 268 by May 31st at Midnight ADT... My Creative Scrapbook is providing the prize!
(See the Creative Scrappers blog for contest details.)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Gorgeous LO, Kris! I love the texture and background design. Alison did a fab job too!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS