June 8, 2013

Daddy-Daughter Layout: Ruby Rock-It

One of the themes at Ruby Rock-It this month is Father's Day, so I was inspired to created this layout of my daughter in a sweet moment with her daddy. The design team is participating in a fun product swap with Clearsnap- I had some fun glittery products to add to my layout!

I layered several papers here from multiple collections: Cook, Mother Nature, and three of the Mini Themes, and even used some of the Cook collection recipe book dividers to cut flowers from. LOVE how easy the products are to mix and match!

Krisberc-dedicated-600px

My daughter has always very much loved being read to. She will happily listen to several stories every night. I loved being able to capture this moment of her daddy reading to her (and to several of her stuffed toys).

Krisberc-dedicated-closeup1

I used my electronic cutting machine to cut the 3 bottom layers of this flower. I layered them in a staggered fashion and added a punched scalloped circle topped with one of the beautiful organza flower brads.

I touched the flower's edges with distress ink and then detailed the petals with some pretty pink Smooch Glitz.

Krisberc-dedicated-closeup2

The butterflies and hearts were fussy-cut and inked before receiving some detailing with beautiful fairy dust glitter (butterflies) or touches of the Smooch Glitz (hearts). I know it's not easy to see in the photos, but in person it sure looks pretty.

Krisberc-dedicated-closeup3

I thought the above "chitter chatter" cut-out and the sticker were perfect sentiments for this layout. I adhered them with foam squares for added dimension.

Krisberc-clearsnap-shot

The fairy dust glitter and Smooch Glitz were so fun to use to add pretty, sparkly detail to my layout. A little bit goes a long way, so these products are going to last quite a long time!

You can find my supply list with links over on the Ruby Rock-It blog. Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww this is so sweet :) Love the subtle layering and the beautiful soft colors!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS