May 21, 2013

Quick Clean & Simple Cards from Scraps: Ruby Rock-It

Hey there, today I would like to share some quick tips for creating sweet handmade cards when time is of the essence.

While many of us love to add layer after layer of paper and embellishments to our projects, sometimes life just doesn't slow down enough to be able to devote a lot of time to crafting. Still, giving a handmade card over a store bought one is almost always preferred.

Ruby Rock-It understands how quickly life can move and offers a whole line of pre-cut, scored, embossed card bases with envelopes, called Imprints. Awesome, right? Such time-savers they are.

Here are the Imprints that I chose for today's cards:


If you're like me, you couldn't imagine tossing your scraps, and you've got quite an assortment of them in your stash just begging to be used on a project.

I pulled some scraps that I had saved after my last Kinda Krafty project and laid them out on my table.


I grabbed a couple of my favorite punches and punched out a handful of shapes from the scraps.


For my first card, I glued 7 of the punched butterflies directly onto the Imprints card base. I adhered the "Good Job" sentiment, which was cut from the Kinda Crafty Chatterbox cardstock, using a foam square for dimension. Then I pulled some pearls from a Bella! Bling Borderlines pack and glued one to each butterfly.



For my second card (hey! challenge yourself to make your cards in pairs or sets- you'll be glad to have the extra cards in your stash), I glued the larger butterfly directly to the Imprints card base, added a little pearl, and then used foam squares to adhere the smaller butterflies in a whimsical fashion. I added a sentiment again cut from the Chatterbox cardstock sheet and called it complete.




So quick and easy but still handmade!

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS